This Wednesday, I am going to see Vampire Weekend at the Summerfest grounds and I am beyond pumped for my first concert of the summer. In honor of this, I decided to make my blog post about 15 songs I am really into right now and just can’t jammin’ to them. Here they are:
1. Fancy (Feat. Charli XCX) by Iggy Azalea: I first heard this song when Jimmy Fallon did it for his first round of lip-synching against the fabulous Emma Stone. However, during that I was too consumed by the fun of the competition to appreciate the song. I heard it again when my roommate Lex was playing in our room, and I was then reminded of the greatness of the song. Ever since I can’t get over the upbeat tune and catchy chorus. Plus Iggy Azalea is such a cool chick I have been reading so much awesome things about her. I honestly can’t wait to hear what else she has to offer.
2. The Love Club by Lorde: Lorde is just one of my favorite artists right now. I just found out today she is touring in Milwaukee. I could not be more excited. Anywho, Lorde’s album and all her songs are so good. I love the way her voice sounds and the beats of her songs. The Love Club is definitely my favorite. I first heard it when Paula picked it out to play on our radio show and now I can’t stop listening to it.
3. Chandelier by Sia: I am a HUGE fan of Dance Moms. One of the dancers on the show, Maddie, posted on her instagram she was featured in this music video. I checked out the music video and immediately fell in love with the song. I love the dynamics of the song of how the beat switches from a faster pace to a slower pace throughout the song. I also love that it really showcases how talented she is as a singer. I can’t believe this is the same singer who sang the chorus in Flo Rida’s Wild One. Her voice is just beautiful.
4.Beating Heart by Ellie Goulding: Ellie Goulding is what I like to call my celebrity soul sister. Through her instagram and twitter, I can tell we have many similar likes and qualities, which makes me love her more. Ever since Lights came out, I have loved the voice of Ellie Goulding and the sound of her songs. Beating Heart is one of her newer songs she released on the Divergent soundtrack and let me tell you it doesn’t disappoint. She is so talented in every way and this song and all her songs are worth a thousand listens.
5. Colours by Grouplove: Tongue Tied was such a massive hit from Grouplove and to this day I love jammin’ to it. I am trying to be more hip and get into the Spotify craze and while doing so I have made quite the discoveries to some songs. Colours is one of them. The lead singer of the band has such a unique sound and this song just flatters it so well. I like it because it shows the diversity from Tongue Tied by having different sound and beat, which I can appreciate in an artist.
6. Seaside By The Kooks: Shine On by the Kooks is probably one of my all time favorite songs. In my discovery of the Spotify world, The Kooks became a band I wanted to expand my knowledge on. Seaside is one of the songs I came across and I love it because its short, simple, and sweet. The song is soft and less than two minutes long, but every second I am entranced by the lovely sound of the song.
7. Flowers in Your Hair by The Lumineers: The Lumineers is a band I always have enjoyed. In fact, for my dancereach class I taught last year I choreographed a dance for them to Flapper Girl by them. With that being said, The Lumineers is a band that I am always trying to find more songs by them to enjoy. If you like any of their songs, this one won’t be any different. The song starts off with a soft beat then picks up and goes from just the lead singer to other band members joining in making it a beautiful song.
8. Let Me Go by Cake: Every year at my dance company, the company members have the first show of the year to show off their own choreography skills. This song was one of the songs featured in my senior show as a solo done by one of my best friends Gail. Cake is always a band I liked from my older sister and my dad listening to them, but after seeing the dance to this song I fell in love with them all over again. I recently rediscovered it, and it has slowly become one of my most played. It has a fun beat making it perfect to jam to as you drive around with the windows down this summer.
9. A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay: Coldplay is just a killer band. It is hard for me to find a song I don’t like by them. I enjoy all their albums old and new. This song in particular is newer. The band performed it on the Voice finale, and it was amazing. I love it because they go for the more electronic upbeat sound that is popular these days while still sticking to their own style. Chris Martin’s voice never fails to impress as well.
10. Cameras by Matt and Kim: My best friend Kitzia loves Matt and Kim and has always encouraged me to listen to them. From what I gather from listening to them, they are just a fun band with just upbeat and uplifting songs you just want to dance to. This song does that justice. Why this song over others you may ask? Well Cameras just has a killer beat that I truly enjoy the most out of the songs I looked at.
11. 5 years time by Noah and the Whale: I use Pandora a lot for listening to music probably more than anything else. When I listen to it, I always have post it notes near by to write down bands and songs I enjoy to look up later or want to download. Noah and the Whale is a band that frequently comes up on my Pandora, and I finally remembered to check them out. This is the first song I fell in love with by them.
12. Drunk off your Love by Shwayze & Cisco: Shwayze is so rad. I love jammin’ to them ever since Buzzin’ was released. I never get tired of their songs. This song is older and I unfortunately just found it now. It is a perfect summer song and is extremely catchy. Every time I listen to it, I just picture myself kick backed and relaxin’ on a beach.
13. Water Fountain by Tuneyards: My sisters saw Tuneyards at Summerfest last year and loved every second of it. I got into her after that with her song Gangsta. I saw her perform Water Fountain on Jimmy Fallon and she is so cool with how she creates the beats on stage. She started off by clapping and recording it then letting it play over again as she adds in the drums and other instruments throughout the performance. Anyways, like many of the other songs it is upbeat and fun. Her songs in particular have a cool creative spin on them that is very enjoyable.
14. Boom Clap by Charli XCX: “The Fault in Our Stars” is one of my favorite books, so I am very excited for the movie to come out this week. Whenever I saw the preview I was excited enough for the movie itself but I loved it even more when I heard this song playing in the background. I immediately had to look it up so I could listen to the full song. The lyrics are so easy to catch on to and it is a song that you will find yourself singing all the time.
15. Pumpin Blood by NONONO: I am not going to lie one of my many guilty pleasures is watching Glee. Before you poke fun, if you watch it I know you will be hooked. The point of me admitting that is they sang this song on this past season and I enjoyed the tune very much. I became curious to what it was but couldn’t figure it out. Then I heard it again on commercials, which sparked my curiosity once again. After much research I finally found it. I love this song because it makes me want to dance around my house. ha
Hope you give some of these a listen and enjoy them as much as I do.